We put some crepe myrtle's in at the end of 2009. I remember mulching them the next spring, 2010. The next spring, 2011, I did the same and they hadn't really done much. Now some of them had been in pots for a while and I knew they were stressed, but still. So last summer I watered and watered and watered. It didn't help that there was a drought. I also fertilized with Miracle-Gro's Azalea, Camellia, Rhododendron plant food. I had read that they are more of an acid loving plant (not sure I'm wording that very well).
The above picture was taken last spring (April) and they did end up blooming but they sure hadn't changed much from 2010.
This picture was taken last week. Look! they finally grew! Well, except for the little one to the left. It does have blossoms you just can't see them.
The t-post's were put in so nobody would run over them :)
1 comment:
They are going to be big and beautiful.
Post a Comment