Sunday, August 4, 2013
I'm back!
I am kind of amazed that it has been a year since I have posted! A year ago this month my mom had a heart attack and I spent two weeks in Las Vegas with her as she went through a quadruple bypass and an episode of flash pulmonary edema. On the plus side I also got to spend a week with my sister. It has been many many years since that has happened and it was good for all of us, I mean other than the heart attack.
I came home and put Mark and Rebekah into public school after 8 years of homeschooling. I went to work for the first time since Justin was born over 20 years ago (at this point 21 years ago) on the same day they started school. Justin had moved to Temple before I got home and John took Alex to BYU-I in early September. Not only that, John retired from the military and started a new job a couple of months later (in October).
The Ferguson household had been pretty much dumped upside down and scrambled!!!
I have been wanting to post but where the heck to start after all this time?! This week :)
Monday was Alex's 19th birthday! He will be heading back to BYU-I in early September with his cousin Vickie. Notice I made 2 pineapple upside down cakes, 'Cake of the God's" or so I've been told. There were no leftovers. None.
August 1st brought the end of Justin's 2 month stay with us as he headed back up to Temple College (about 40 minutes away). He got his Associates degree at the end of last semester but has some science classes he needs to take so that he can apply for nursing school.
Long story short on the new kitty. She was a stray someone brought in to have fixed. I have been wanting a calico and I decided to adopt her and her litter of kittens she will soon be having. You can see her shaved tummy, I really had to make a quick decision. She came with the name Mia, but Mark wants to name her Cocoa Fo Sho. I like Mia but he has said it so many times I think Cocoa is going to stick.
My niece had a baby this week and Alex and Rebekah just finished with the play "South Pacific" today.
Hopefully you will see more of us as I continue to get used to balancing everything out. I guess I am a slow learner :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Bless your heart! Sounds like you've had a super busy year- great re-cap!!
Thanks.
Post a Comment