This is Emelia, AKA Pookey (poopy & pukey), Stinker and Squeeker (when she learned to scream). I have been babysitting her since she was 2 weeks old. Full-time since she was 6 weeks old. I actually picked this picture for Grandma Ferguson. Good thing about Grandma is that she knows now to ask the kids, "what did your mother say?"
Alex has deep meaningful conversations with Emelia, like how to program computers and how to do Algebra I. It took Alex a little while to warm up to a baby (he doesn't do babies much), but he really likes Emelia now. She likes to play with his face.
Rebekah likes to read and sing to Emelia. This is a common sight at our house, especially in the mornings when I am trying to take a shower. Rebekah takes care of her so Justin, Emelia and I can get out of the house for Seminary.
Justin teaches Emelia how to play the piano. I can't say he loves it because she likes to slump over and try to reach the keys and when he has to reach the outside keys she tries to do a face plant. If I am desperate though, he will help me.
Notice how Justin's fingers are peeking out from under his blankie? It was a cold morning and all the kids were complaining.
Mark makes Emelia smile. All he has to do is show up and she has a major grin for him. She smiles at EVERYBODY but sometimes we have to work at it. He doesn't ever seem to have to.
Emelia has been a huge part of our family for the past 4 months. We will miss her when we move. She and her Mom are moving to San Antonio around the same time we are heading for Ft. Hood, so I am sure we will see her some.
1 comment:
How cute!!
(I know I am not your mom but I have no idea how to use a different name!)
Jeanie
Post a Comment