I feel kinda bad that I have been so slow in posting. We have had a bunch of things going on the last few weeks. Broken grey line, broken water pipe, broken (never be repaired again) car, broken internet (lightning strike-feel blessed actually that it wasn't worse), broken water heater, etc.
We have had some good things too. Like Alex becoming a Teacher in the Aaronic Priesthood and Justin signed up for his first two college classes, he starts Wednesday the 27th. We went to the beach (Port Aransas) last Monday.
Some sad things. A good family friend from my childhood passed away last week. Not sure if I should mention how, but it was unexpected and unbelievable.
Today Alex started high school, Mark started middle school, Rebekah started 3rd grade and like I said Justin will start college on Wednesday. We started seminary this morning with 8 students (6 in my living room, and 2 on webcam).
But, I finally came to the computer because of something gross. I figured, I don't need pictures for this (double gross), I can just post. Earl, our buckling, peed on me this morning. Luckily he is a buckling or he would be taller. Bucks are gross anyway, when they come into rut (breeding season) they pee on themselves to make them smell nice and sweet for the girls. I was kneeling down to give him some fresh water when I felt something warm on my arm and then leg. Like I said, it was a good thing he wasn't taller or it would have been my face and shoulder.
Blessings come in small packages sometimes.
Have a great day, week, month etc.
5 comments:
Your right, the peeing is gross.
Wow, I cannot believe that Justin is taking college courses. I have not seen your family since they were all little. I guess my parents moved away from TX about 8 years ago. Wow, time sure does go by fast. It is great seeing all the books that the kids are reading. I am currently reading Leven Thumps and the Eye of the Want (good fantasy book). -Michelle McClellan (Powell)
Yep, Rebekah is the same age Justin was when we first moved here: 8!!! Mark was 3, Hannah 2. I'm just so impressed by these kids as they get older.
The kids and I read the three Leven Thumps. "The Eye of the Want" was my least favorite. Stephen LOVED the books. Have you tried "Fablehaven"? They are really good too.
Grossssss! I can't believe Justin is taking college credits. That's AWESOME. A big high five for the J-dog. I'm sorry to hear about your family friend passing away. You have peaked my interest as to what happened there.
It doesn't seem all that long ago that we were in Germany and Mark was a baby and Alex and Justin were just young boys. Time is flying. Sounds like you had a lot of things going wrong last week, but hopefully this one will be better. We're okay here.
Happy birthday to you, Lisa! I know our birthdays are only 1 day apart. John is taking off Friday for my birthday and we're going to our youngest daughter's house, then will spend the next night with our oldest daughter. Can't wait.
Is your address still the same as it was before? Bye and have a good week.
Post a Comment