Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Gas


This is what the pumps looked like yesterday. Unfortunate for me is that I too was completely out of gas. I've been borrowing my sister-in-laws truck as our car has perished and we are trying to bide our time until John leaves for Iraq. I had filled up my gas tank completely Thursday evening before the hurricane had actually hit. Yesterday, I went to College Station. I knew that I would need gas before coming home and thought that I would get gas there. While I was in College Station I realized that the usual places I get gas did not carry diesel. I had one more stop to make in Milano and knew that there was a gas station there that would carry diesel and I THOUGHT that it would be less busy. Not to mention the fact that I had passed vehicle after vehicle after vehicle carrying 5 gallon gas tanks.

The gas meter was registering just before empty when I turned into the feed store and it started chugging a little bit. Uh-oh. But it started right up and carried me the two blocks to get to the gas station. As I pulled in, it started chugging again. Phwew, at least I'm in the parking lot. There was someone on both sides of the tank and I picked the one that looked like the best option. I turned off the truck while waiting. It barely lurched into place as I pulled up. As I'm getting out of the truck a lady came around the corner with those nifty yellow bags. "We are all out of diesel."

"Are you kidding, so am I." I called dad to rescue me (they had just filled the tractor with diesel and had to go fill up the tank again (hopefully in Cameron, but possibly in Rockdale?)) About 40 minutes later, another lady came out to remove the nifty bag off of the diesel. Yippee!!!! Better yet - Dad hadn't even left Cameron!!!!!

"I knew if I waited long enough someone would deliver some diesel."

Luckily it was a nice day to wait : )

3 comments:

Jean said...

Lisa, that is so funny. Jeanieswrvuv

M-McClellan said...

Mark I loved Eragon. I am just starting Brisingr. Enjoy!!

Lafingkids said...

Justin just started Brisingr also.