The Rockdale Fair was this weekend. Justin and Alex showed broilers. They got 22nd and 23rd out of 24, but Justin still made the sale!!!! He had to go clean the fair grounds as part of his 'winnings' and I sent Alex along because they have shared everything. It would have been just as easy for Alex to get the better birds as it was for Justin.
Mark and Rebekah showed market goats. Rebekah got 16th and Mark got 18th out of 20.
Saturday night they do a pig scramble. Mark and Rebekah participated in it last year. This year Alex, Mark and Rebekah participated (Justin was not eligible because he is a senior). All three of them caught a pig!!!! This means that they have to have a project for next year. Once they are at the fair with their project (broilers, goats etc.) then they well get a check that is supposed to help pay for the project.
John wanted me to film the pig scramble. I am so glad that I did. I hope you enjoy them.
Alex got 3rd place. He was the first to catch the pig, but he didn't know where to take it once it was in his hands :)
Mark got a slow start because he didn't hear the announce say go, but he made up for it in the end. He got 1st place!
Rebekah got 3rd or 4th, no one remembers how many pigs they let loose. By the time these poor pigs got to the younger kids they were worn out!
5 comments:
That was so fun to watch! Alex was hysterical!
Okay, that was awesome!
I loved watching that. So did the seven kids I have at my house right now. Aaagh, watching five extra kids, ages 1-5, is a lot like the pig scramble.
Having 2 year old twins is also a lot like the pig scramble! Thanks, I am LOL! Way to go AMR!
That was just great! What a proud mom you must be! They can each catch a pig pretty darn quick! What a great skill to have!
Post a Comment