Something else we did, which I thought was really cool, was take the frame from our trampoline that flew over the chain link fence in AZ, and wrapped chicken wire around it. Justin and I did that one day. Then last Saturday John and I took out the carrier and put a top on. Justin and his friend Hayden helped a little bit before taking off for Vickie's party. Then we stuck the geese and ducks in there with a pool. What a relief to have them out of the hen house - we couldn't keep them supplied in enough water.
Today I went to TSC and bought some wire to make a 3 ft. x 10 ft. enclosed run for the 11 chicks that have been living in Justin's bedroom - boy were they stinky. Justin and I had it put together in 2 hours. And it didn't turn out half bad. These guys are a little smaller and I'm sure a snake can get into the 1x2" wire, but I doubt he could get out stuffed with birds. Hate to use them like bait, but they had to go outside.
2 comments:
Wow! What an exciting life!!! I wish (again) that we lived closer so that we could come see all this action!
Welcome back to TX. I can see that you are already super busy, as usual.
I enjoyed reading about all that's been happening there. My life is so quiet now that the kids are grown. I kind of miss all that activity. I don't have your email, but mine is mckm49@yahoo.com Also mcjk71@yahoo.com, but the first one is my main one.
Maybe we can meet for lunch one day soon. Have a good week.
Post a Comment