Sunday, June 1, 2008

Internet - less AGAIN

I'm sorry to report that we have no internet, again. We signed up with Hughesnet and they were ok, but we were having some pretty serious problems with it. We finally found out that they have such a thing as a FAP - free access policy. Which means we can only download 200 meg per 24 hour period then they slow you down to dial-up. Well this is fine for most folks but most folks don't have Alex and John living under their roof.

So we decided to go with t-lab, aka farm-to-market, because they have no FAP, but after they set up a date to install they called and had to cancel because they have no more room on that tower. They said it would be at least a month.

We took a family vote, because Hughesnet does have an upgrade of sorts, and everyone decided to wait for farm-to-market.

So once again, my posts will be few and far between. Sorry ya'll.

Until next time : )

2 comments:

Cindy Singleton said...

Bummer! We were going through that about just over a year ago. I didn't think I could live with the FAP with Hughes, because of what I needed for my business, so I bugged the phone company's engineering department to death since getting them to bring DSL out here was my only hope. Which is what we have now. Bug the Farmer to Market place until they do it just to get you off their back;)

Lafingkids said...

Great idea!!! This is driving me crazy!!!