Friday, October 24, 2008

Closing

Well, we closed on our house yesterday. I am sorry to say that I have mixed emotions about it. The thought of spending more time in our current trailer fills me with sadness. But, I am not sure I ever dreamed that I would be living out my days in a double wide either. This double wide will be nice, I know that, but it is amazing how negative people can be about trailers in general. I could get away with it before because it wasn't ever a permanent option. Commonly referred to as my 'single wide'.

All of that said. We lived in a double wide in Arizona. It was very nice. I didn't mind it a bit. Everyone who came in was impressed with its size and space. I think, once we move in, I will feel exactly the same way. Plus . . . we saved over $50,000 for a building almost 600 square feet bigger!!! I can only live in either (site built or double wide trailer) until I die and that is not a long time compared to eternity.

We won't get our keys until December 20th even though it is being delivered sometime next week. WOW is right. They have a lot to do before they will even let us move one stick of furniture in it. Overall we can't wait!!! Poor John will just have to hear how nice it is : (

5 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm so excited for you guys. I can't wait to see it. Why won't Uncle John be able to see it???

John Ferguson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melanie said...

Whoa. I didn't even know that you were going! When are you leaving?

Carmen said...

Poor John! Think of how nice it will be to come home to! And, a small bonus, you do get to miss out on the joys? of moving. Small consolation. Sorry that you are going but thanks for what you do.

And Lisa, no shame in a trailer. I still remember your first one in League City and being so impressed by how nice it was. I can't wait to see pics.

Anonymous said...

You will have nearly twice as much space as me. I think you will love it once you get settled in, maybe just not the moving part. And you never know what life holds, so you can't assume you'll never end up in a house. Just enjoy, and be sure and post some photos when you can.