
I have discovered a side affect to using compost as your source of dirt. The original post I did on
potatoes was 2 weeks ago. They were ready to have more dirt put on them again less than a week after I did it. They grew amazingly fast. I couldn't get to it until this morning. They were easily 18 inches tall and from what I read you are supposed to add more dirt when they are about 6 inches tall.

When we moved back Texas (2 years ago on the 17th of March), John went into the pasture and gathered all the manure and hay and dumped it into our yard with a friends front loader. I didn't use much last year. That is all I have used this year. I'm going to have beautiful, lush green plants and NO vegetables!!! But it is really, really nice compost :)
I'm not going to worry about any more dirt. From here on out I'm going to just let them grow and hopefully we will have some potatoes in a couple of months.
1 comment:
I LOVE harvesting potatoes! It's like an Easter egg hunt in the dirt and I always have plenty of kids to help me with it. Have fun. Plus, they will be the BEST potatoes you have ever eaten. Jealous. No gardening for at least a month for me.
Post a Comment