Thursday, April 1, 2010

Potatoes 2009

This is what they looked like when we first planted them. They did go down a bit, but in the end I decided that it was too much on top. So I didn't do as much this year.

I didn't think to get my camera until we got to this point. I wish I had taken before pictures. Through the whole season I covered it mostly with hay. On the right you can sort of see how we had plants breaking through everywhere. We ended up only having potatoes at the very bottom. The bright red potato is actually a tomato.

I didn't use the black container last year. This is a different black container here behind Mark. There is actually two and they hold blueberries. We moved the blueberries this year because the grapevine has taken over everything. I'm a little worried about the tops of the potato cages, but can't do anything about it at this point.

No comments: