Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Alex & his pet Delaware, Stacy

We ordered some Delaware chickens about 8 months ago. At the time it sounded like a great idea, not so much today. I picked them (10 pullets) up and while Justin was looking around for chicken supplies (he had been warned days, weeks and months in advance) the chicks were in the living room. I was not paying attention because I was making dinner. I kept hearing Alex say, "but we are not having chicken". I thought he was talking to his cousin Stephen, thinking that maybe Stephen really liked chicken and Alex didn't want to share. Or something. As it turns out Alex had been holding one of the chicks and introduced me to her as 'Stacy'. Then it hit me, he didn't want Stacy to know we were actually having chicken! (Yes, and this is a good day for me ;)

It didn't stop him from feeding Stacy a noodle from our chicken helper. I told him it probably wasn't a good idea, but it didn't stop him.

She ate that whole noodle!! We were all impressed. I'll let you know if she survives it.

No comments: